David Silva has finally explained what the Cyberzoic project is all about, after anticipating some details during the campaign for the Tyrannosaur Series, as well as in our interview: it is a science-fiction scenario in which humanity lands on a remote planet dominated by dragons, and to oppose them brings the dinosaurs back to life through technology. Human nature being what it is, however, the survivors of this distant future will soon find themselves fighting not only against dragons but, divided into rival clans, even among themselves. The two concept arts released by Silva portray the main clan of the story called Tecnologists, one of the five human clans.
Some information on the line was then released:
- The dinosaurs will have cyber-enhanced armor (hence the era and series name), but there will be no cyborg dinosaurs or cyborg dragons.
- The dinosaurs will be as accurate as those from Beasts of the Mesozoic and in 1/18 scale: each of the dinosaurs released under the Cyberzoic line will apparently have a BotM version (we can imagine, therefore, without the various armor/accessories and with a different coloration).
- Several models already appeared for BotM will be reused for CZ (Silva mentions Yutyrannus, Tyrannosaurus, Dryptosaurus, Triceratops, Styracosaurus, and Diabloceratops) while other BotM dinosaurs (the smaller ones in particular) will remain exclusive to that line.
- the CZ versions will have a “female” color as opposed to the “male” from BotM: this is because muted colors will work better with the armor.
- There will also be human/robotic characters to accompany the dinosaurs, most of which will be 3.75 inches (9.5cm) tall, with extra accessories.
- Each clan will have a unique look, with main characters with recognizable faces and troops with various helmets.
- Each pack will include a mini comic that will delve into the story, as with He-Man or Dino-Riders.
- this is a science fiction story, but it is still rooted in our reality, albeit in the future. So BotM could be seen as a “prequel” to this story.
- The dragons will still be rendered in a naturalistic way, not too fantasy, they will have various sizes and will be released in fewer numbers than the dinosaurs.
- There will be two initial models (Utahraptor and Achillobator), the others will be unlocked through crowdfunding platforms.
- So far we have talked about dinosaurs, but Silva also talked about the possibility of including fauna from other geological periods.
Utahraptor (left) and Achillobator (right)
Silva has also released a list of the animals that will make up the initial roster, with the possibility of adding others (with a mention to hadrosaurs, ankylosaurs, spinosaurs and sauropods) later.
- Utahraptor ostrommaysi
- Achillobator giganticus
- Cryolophosaurus ellioti
- Dilophosaurus wetherilli
- Acrocanthosaurus atokensis
- Ceratosaurus nasicornis
- Allosaurus fragilis
- Stegosaurus stenops
- Miragaia longicollum
- Kentrosaurus aethiopicus
- Pachycephalosaurus wyomingensis
- Carnotaurus sastrei
- Edmontonia rugosidens
- Sauropelta edwardsorum